The Art Scene has always been popular in Athens, Ohio. The College of Fine Arts currently has three art galleries in the surrounding Ohio University area.
ART + DESIGN: 2, 3, 4: Dimensional Photographies Exhibition
- This exhibit is contemporary photography that highlights modes of production that move the print off the wall and into 3-D and 4-D images. This gallery focuses in part on the return to historical processes , and calls the attention to its own materiality and unique identity.
- Open until March 2nd – you can find this gallery in the Ohio University Art Gallery in Seigfred Hall.
Ohio University School of Art + Design Faculty Biennial Exhibition
- A showcase of a wide variety of media from current work from art faculty members who teach on Ohio University’s multiple campuses. It also exhibits new works from 33 different artists.
- Open until May 5th – you can catch this gallery up in the Ridges at the Kennedy Museum of Art.
FIRST OF ALL: 1st-Year Studio Art M.F.A. Exhibition
- An exhibition made up by the first-year Master’s in Fine Art students, who connect to their work through their diverse backgrounds. It showcases works in ceramics, printmaking, sculpture, graphic design, and painting.
- Open until March 9th – you can walk through this gallery on Baker Center’s 4th floor in the Trisolini Gallery. Refreshments and hors d’oeuvres will be provided.